California Dairies, Inc.
California Dairies, Inc. was formed in August 1999 by the merger of three existing cooperatives; California Milk Producers, Danish Creamery, and San Joaquin Valley Dairymen. The cooperative has manufacturing plants located in Artesia, Tipton, Fresno, Los Banos, and Turlock. In addition, CDI supplies sizable quantities of bulk fluid milk products to various fluid milk bottling, ice cream, cheese, and food manufacturing businesses that are direct customers of the cooperative. Challenge Dairy Products, Inc., a wholly owned marketing cooperative, markets the Challenge and Danish Creamery brands of butter produced in Fresno.
- California Dairies, Inc. Visalia - California Dairies, Inc. Visalia operates state-of-the art processing, capable of producing a wide variety of powdered milk products.
- California Dairies Inc. Artesia - The Artesia plant converts milk it into milk powders and custom blended fluid products.
- California Dairies, Inc. Tipton - The Tipton plant can produce bulk butter, condensed milk, and milk powders which can be shipped by truck or rail.
- California Dairies, Inc. Fresno - The Fresno plant processes milk and can convert it into butter and milk powders.
- California Dairies, Inc. Los Banos - The Los Banos plant produces milk powders, cheese and condensed products.
- California Dairies, Inc. Turlock - The Turlock plant can produce bulk and private label butter, and milk powders which can be shipped by truck or rail.