DairyAmerica Inc. (“DairyAmerica” or “the Company”) is committed to protecting the working rights and safety of its employees and of all involved in providing products, services and supplies, while recognizing and respecting cultural and legal variations found throughout the world. Our Code of Conduct and company policies adhere to the principles of free choice of employment, non-discrimination and humane treatment. In direct support of this effort, DairyAmerica expressly prohibits slave labor and human trafficking in its operations and ensures compliance with regulations governing child labor, minimum wage and maximum working hour limitations.
- Verification: DairyAmerica is committed to fair labor practices within its supply chain. As deemed reasonably necessary, the Company reserves the right to evaluate its supply chain for risks of slavery or trafficking. Such evaluations may occur periodically for existing suppliers and before production orders are authorized from new suppliers. We do not currently use third-party verifiers.
- Audits: We reserve the right to conduct or have third-parties perform audits on behalf of DairyAmerica. Such audits may be independent and unannounced. Upon request, suppliers are expected to provide auditors with reasonable access to any facilities and all documentation that may be required to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws for slavery and trafficking in supply chains.
- Certification: DairyAmerica expects unwavering compliance with applicable laws and regulations in its operations, requiring direct suppliers to comply, at a minimum, with applicable laws and regulations of the countries in which products and supplies are grown, produced or manufactured, including laws against slave labor and human trafficking, and to monitor their suppliers for compliance with applicable laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate. Upon request, direct suppliers may be required to certify that they comply with the laws regarding slavery and trafficking of the countries in which they conduct business.
- Internal Accountability: To maintain internal accountability, any employee or supplier that fails to comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding slavery and trafficking is subject to suspension or termination of the working relationship with DairyAmerica.
- Training: We do not currently provide training to employees and management specific to slavery and trafficking.
DairyAmerica is confident in its compliance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657) and expects its suppliers to follow similar policies and practices. It will continue to monitor its compliance through reasonable protections and improvement measures.
Our Commitment: Dairy with Standards
DairyAmerica is committed to producing quality products from the highest quality milk supply. Since quality begins at the source, our dairy partners who supply our milk share this commitment by pledging to not use rBST* (recombinant Bovine Somatotropin) on their herds.
Consumers want dairy products from a milk supply free of any artificial supplements. To meet this demand and preserve the integrity of a natural supply, our milk comes exclusively from local, independent, multi-generational family-owned dairy farms who share our commitment to quality. To maintain this commitment, we inspect and test for antibiotics and bacteria.
Our dairymen and dairywomen care for their cows not only because it is their livelihood, but because it is the right thing to do. We take animal care seriously and are proud of our contribution to the quality of life of American consumers. Our commitment to the health and care of our animals is nearly unequaled, matched only by our commitment to the highest quality and safest dairy ingredients available. We share the belief that quality and food safety begins on the farm. And we carry this commitment forward throughout our production.
*The FDA (US Food & Drug Administration) has stated that no significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST treated and non-rBST treated cows.